Padmabushan, Honourable Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar
World famous Computer Scientist
• Dr. Vijay Bhatkar is one of the most acclaimed scientist and IT leader of India. He is best known as the architect of India's first supercomputer and as the founder Executive Director of C-DAC, India's national initiative in supercomputing. He is credited with the creation of several national institutions, notably amongst them being C-DAC, ER&DC, IIITM-K, I2IT, ETH Research Lab, MKCL and India International Multiversity.
• He has been a Member of Scientific Advisory Committee to Cabinet of Govt. of India, Governing Council Member of CSIR, India and eGovernance Committee, Chairman of Governments of Maharashtra and Goa.
• A Fellow of IEEE, ACM, CSI, INAE and leading scientific, engineering and professional societies of India, he has been honored with Padmashri, Padma Bhushan and Maharashtra Bhushan awards. Other recognitions include Saint Dnyaneshwar World Peace Prize, Lokmanya Tilak Award, HK Firodia and Dataquest Lifetime Achievement Awards, and many others. He was a nominee for Petersburg Prize and is a Distinguished Alumni of IIT, Delhi.
• Dr. Bhatkar has authored and edited 12 books and 80 research & technical papers. His current research interests include Exascale Supercomputing, AI, Brain-Mind-Consciousness, and Synthesis of Science & Spirituality.
• He is presently appointed as the Chancellor of Nalanda University, Chancellor of India International Multiversity, Chief Mentor of I2IT.
• He has been the Chairman of ETH Research Lab, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Delhi and National President of Vijnan Bharati.