Dr. Khusrav Bajan
Consultant Physician & Intensivist, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Khusrav B Bajan is Consultant Physician & Intensivist, Department of Medicine and Critical Care at P. D. Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai. He shoulders the responsibility of Department of Emergency Medicine as a Head to the department.
He completed his MBBS in 1990 and underwent MD in Internal Medicine from in 1993 from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital and Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai.
He joined us in July 1993 and has completed successful 19 years. In the course of these years, he had gained vast experience and practice in the following fields:
• In 1998 he underwent training in Critical Care at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
• In 2001, he topped the practical exam of the European Diploma in Intensive Care (EDIC).
• Since 2000, he became an American Heart Association certified instructor in adult and pediatric, Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS and ACLS).
• He has been a course –Director, for over 100 courses in India and trained more than 2013 candidates in BLS and 1639 candidates in ACLS till date.
• He also is a Committee Chairman of our hospital's CPR system and provides training to the hospital staff in CPR.
• He is a recognized teacher and examiner for the certificate Course in Critical Care held by the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM).
• Emergency Medicine
• In 2004, he underwent training in Emergency Medicine and Trauma at the Long Island Jewish Hospital, New York.
• Dr. Bajan has had the privilege of presenting the Society of Emergency Medicine in India at the American Academy of Emergency Medicine Conference in New York. In 2004, he delivered a lecture on "The State of Emergency Medicine in India–a global perspective".
• Dr. Bajan is also an American College of Surgeons certified provider for Advanced Trauma Life support (ATLS) and a founder core member of P. D. Hinduja Hospital's Trauma Team.
• Under his leadership, the Hinduja Relief Team handled the onsite earthquake tragedy at the Bhuj, Gujrat in 2001.
• He also is certified teacher and examiner for the Post Graduate Diploma - Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS) held by the Deemed University of Symbiosis - Pune since 2004.
• He also holds the post of Advisory Consultant – PGDEMS in Mumbai organized jointly by LIHS (Life Supporters Institute of Health Sciences) & P. D. Hinduja Hospital.
• He had been organizing secretary of the sixth National Emergency Medicine Conference (EMCON 2004) –Mumbai
• On a regular basis, he conducts hands-on training sessions and workshops on Trauma Life Support.
• Dr. Bajan is an active teaching faculty member of the Continued Nursing Education Programme for training nurses in Intensive Care skills, since 1997.
• He holds special interest in
• Emergency Medicine
• Trauma and Disaster Medicine.
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
• Invasive and noninvasive mechanical ventilation with graphics.
• Invasive hemodynamic monitoring of the critically ill patient.
• Intra aortic balloon pump and other acute coronary support measures.
• Neuro- intensive care.
• Dr. Bajan was Vice President of Society of Emergency Medicine for India (SEMI) for the year 2005-06. He also is an Executive Committee Member of the ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine). He also possesses life memberships to the Infectious Disease Society of India (IDSI), Association of Physicians of India, and Association of Medical Consultants.
• He also has various national and international publications to his account. He has proactively and successfully conducted and directed numerous international/national conferences, talks, lectures and workshops, to promote education in the field of Emergency medicine, mainly in:
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( as Course Director)
• Trauma Life Support
• Mechanical Ventilation – Basics
• Mechanical Ventilation – Advanced
• Brain death and Organ donor
• Vascular Access
• Besides dealing with challenging cases in internal medicine, Dr. Bajan holds keen interest in the fields of Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Trauma and Ambulatory Care.
• Dr. Bajan aspires to disseminate awareness and knowledge far and wide in our country, not only to the medical but also to paramedical staff.